Electric Mobility Experiment Set
Manufacturer ID -FCJJ-30
The Electric Mobility Experiment Set lets students experiment with tomorrow’s sustainable transport solutions. Measure the superior energy density and power of the super capacitor. Compare different kinds of fuel cell technology, all of which convert elements into electrical energy: the direct ethanol fuel cell, the salt water fuel cell and two types of micro-PEM fuel cells that exploit the energy efficiency of hydrogen fuel stored in the HYDROSTIK PRO metal hydride cartridge. Plus, you can demonstrate the power of sunlight with the solar panel and generate electricity with the hand crank.
Science Kit For Kids
- Power a car with a hydrogen fuel cell (reversible and mini fuel cell)
- Power a car with a salt water fuel cell
- Power a car with solar energy
- Power a car with a super capacitor and hand crank
- Power a car with different forms of hydrogen (hydrogen gas and hydrogen hydride)
- Power a car with a battery
- 6 different models can be built with one chassis
- Examines the strengths and weaknesses of each solution
- Compatible with all other Horizon kits, for measurement, data logging etc.
- Includes fixed steering function at front of the vehicle.
What is included in the horizon energy curriculum? The lab equipment is just the beginning. We’ve built the horizon energy curriculum to provide teachers with multiple resources for engaging their students.
- Hands-on Lab Activities
- Teacher's Guides
- Student's Guides
Electrochemistry, Electrolysis, Energy, Hydrogen Generation, Reaction Rates, Reactions, Redox Reactions, Solution Concentration
Capacitors, Classical Mechanics, Current/Voltage, Electric Charge, Electric Circuits, Energy, Generators, Ohm's Law, Parallel Circuits, Power (Electric), Series Circuits
Earth Science Concepts
Climate Change, Renewable Energy, Human Impacts
- FCJJ-30 Teacher's Guide - Physics - Electricity
- FCJJ-30 Teacher's Guide - Physics - Advanced Energy
- FCJJ-30 Teacher's Guide - Physics - Energy
- FCJJ-30 Teacher's Guide - Chemistry - Electrochemistry
- FCJJ-30 Teacher's Guide - Physics - Light
- FCJJ-30 Teacher's Guide - Physics - Marathon
- FCJJ-30 Teacher's Guide - Chemistry - Semiconductors
- FCJJ-30 Teacher's Guide - Chemistry - Solution Concentrations
- FCJJ-30 Teacher's Guide - Physics - Sprint
- FCJJ-30 Student's Guide - Physics - Electricity
- FCJJ-30 Student's Guide - Physics - Advanced Energy
- FCJJ-30 Student's Guide - Chemistry - Electrochemistry
- FCJJ-30 Student's Guide - Physics - Energy
- FCJJ-30 Student's Guide - Physics - Light
- FCJJ-30 Student's Guide - Physics - Marathon
- FCJJ-30 Student's Guide - Chemistry - Solution Concentrations
- FCJJ-30 Student's Guide - Chemistry - Semiconductors
- FCJJ-30 Student's Guide - Physics - Sprint
Why Fuel Cells and Hydrogen?
Fuel cells can be thought of as alternative energy devices. They convert chemical energy into electrical energy. Hydrogen fuel cells do this very cleanly, with no toxic emissions, and with a high efficiency. Fuel cells do not generate energy out of thin air. They use hydrogen. Hydrogen is an outstanding carrier of energy. Hydrogen is non-toxic, renewable, easily obtained, and packed with energy. When it combusts with oxygen, it turns into water. This water can again be split into hydrogen and oxygen via electrolysis. The generated hydrogen can be combusted once again, !hus undergoing a limitless cycle without toxic emissions. With a fuel cell, you can convert hydrogen into electric current without combustion. Fossil fuels are converted into usable energy through combustion. The energy released du ring combustion is inherently difficult to capture and inefficient. li also produces carbon dioxide, which cannot easily be converted back into a usable fuel. A fossil fuel combuslion engine al a power pian! is only about 30 to 40% efficient. This means it coverts only 30 to 40% of the energy in the fossil fuels to usable energy (electricity). Engines in a car are even less efficient, and reach the level of 15 to 20% of efficiency. Where does the rest of the energy go? lt escapes as heat, vibration, and noise. On the other hand, fuel cells can operate al 40 to 65% efficiency. This means lhal they can convert 40 to 65% of the energy contained in hydrogen into electricity.
1. The car does not run after the HYDROSTIK PRO supplies hydrogen to the fuel cell.
a. The car may need to be flicked with your finger to start.
b. Recharge the HYDROSTIK PRO fully.
c. Press the purging valve to purge a little bit amount of hydrogen out of the syslem.
d. Make sure the HYDROSTIK PRO is connected to the pressure regulator tightly.
2. The car runs slower than before.
a. Recharge the HYDROSTIK PRO fully.
b. Press the purging valve to purge a little bit amount of hydrogen out of the syslem.
- Reversible fuel cell
- Hand crank generator
- Salt water fuel cell
- Mini fuel cell
- Battery pack
- Solar panel
- Super capacitor
- HYDROSTIK PRO pressure regulator
- Solar panel support
- HYDROSTIK PRO
- U fixator for HYDROSTIK PRO
- Fuel solution container
- Water & hydrogen tank
- Water & oxygen tank
- Silicon tubes
- Red and black pins
- Purging valve
of customers recommend this product